An Early Day Today … Busy As Ever!

6:30 a.m. – 7 a.m.

I had awakened at this time … 6:30 a.m. … not awake exactly but decided to get my day started anyway. Washed my hair at the kitchen sink, got dressed, and got online for a while before 8:15 a.m. when LB arrived to work with me on my daily living skills/cleaning.

Daily Living Skills/Cleaning

I hate to clean but someone’s gotta do it LB took care of my laundry, cleaned the bathroom while I did some dishes and put them away, and then both of us tackled the bathroom medicine cabinet and three tier shelf and threw some older items away that were no longer good or questionable. I got rid of the rickety three tier shelf so now there is more room in the bathroom and it does not look cluttered anymore. It looks like what a bathroom should look like. The three tier shelving was so unbalanced and rickety that I decided to get rid of it and put it in the community room for someone to take for free … if someone else wanted it. After my laundry was dry and LB brought it back down, she left for the week. The rest of the morning became all mine and mine alone, and my cleaning for the day was over for the time being. The rest of the day … afternoon … was going to be busy.

My Afternoon

1 p.m.

Counseling with PS and MM. The session went well and the hour went by very quickly … too quickly to be very honest here. By 2 p.m. time just seemed to roll by so quickly that if I blinked I was afraid I would have missed something big time, lol. I do not think I missed anything anyway.

3 p.m.

I saw my podiatrist to take care of the callous on the bottom of right foot. MM and I got there about ten minutes after leaving my counseling appointment but waiting for my appointment did not seem like a 45 minute wait or so … never bothered to look at the time when I checked in for the appointment. MM and I chatted and enjoyed waiting and while we were waiting another client with his caseworker from IDS had gotten there for the client’s appointment and we had a chatting party. Time seemed to roll on by so quickly that time did not seem like real time — a time loop or something. I had told MM if I could stay awake until 7 p.m. it would be amazing at the amount of sleep I did get the night before which was only 3 hours or so. Anyway… got into my appointment and the doctor took a peek at my foot, took care of the developing callous pressure, looked at my leg brace and fixed that up a bit, too, and then MM and I left within 20 minutes afterward. After my appointments, MM dropped me off at home leaving me to do what I needed to do for the rest of the day getting home before 4 p.m..

The Rest of the Day

The rest of the day turned out to be quiet and the plan of staying awake until 7 p.m. did not happen as planned! Had dozed off between 6 and 7 p.m. during a TV program I was watching on my DVR box! I did retire, to the couch, by 8 p.m. to sleep the rest of my tiredness off before KH came in the morning to help me shower.

One More Thing

I had a good day … busy and long. Getting up before 7 a.m. is not like me everyday but today was an exception and something I did not mind doing … could not sleep anymore even though I could have at least til 7:45 a.m. but didn’t today. It was a treat and I did feel that some things needed to be done before LB came over to help with my DLS/cleaning. I had to wash my hair since KH did not come yesterday due to the fact that it was Labor Day — a holiday. IO had to wash my own hair this morning, lol. I had to take care of Bing’s litter box and the garbage to be taken out when LB left to take care of my laundry in the washing machine. I was not in the mood to clean but it needed to be done and tackling the bathroom’s medicine cabinet and the three tier shelf was done as a last minute thought on LB’s part, lol…but it was my idea to get rid of the shelf.

Today was my busiest day.

Author: ksmiley

As a diarist and blogger, please bear with me as I continue to upgrade my blog as time moves forward. Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.