Saturday, June 24, 2017

Oh my goodness gracious, it has been quite a while since I have taken the time to write in my journal/diary.  It feels like ages ago since I have taken the time to just that but I do have a very good excuse…I have been very busy with other things that have taken top priority over writing in my journal/diary lately.  I did not realize it just now but I have been super busy with appointments lately and finding myself tired and exhausted by the end of the day or during the early afternoon.  We have also been having some rain and storms here in good ol’ Wisconsin lately.  I do not like to be online or on my computer when it is storming out now-a-days.  I never know when the weather will play with the electricity.  I do have to say that a lot has happened since the last time I have written in my diary and I can do a little catch up while I am at it.

As I sit here for a while and think about finally retiring for the night and catch up another day, I check to see when the last time I have taken the time to write in my diary.  It was ten days ago and it has been a while.  It actually feels like an eternity since I last wrote.  I will do some catching up since it was ‘almost’ a week ago since I last wrote.  Am I still interested in writing in a diary?  Yes, I am, but I am not filled with gusto I once was so long ago in writing in my diary.  I have been so busy with other things that writing in a diary does not come first anymore in my life.    I can go days without writing in journal/diary now-a-days without anything new to talk about.  Now, I am not saying that my life (or world) is boring or anything like that but writing about the same thing over and over again from day to day can wear someone out and I do not want to wear my readers out from the same stuff over and over again.

Ever since RS and her boyfriend have been away from the building (or at least RS has been away), I have seen RS’s boyfriend close by but not in the building.  As of June 1, 2017, we have had new tenants move in and RS’s old apartment has been fixed up and a new, quiet, and nice tenant has moved in above me.  I have no problems with the new neighbor.  He seems like a nice fellow and he is blind and has a seeing eye dog who helps him get around.  I hardly ever hear him and hearing his music during the day is a blessing compared to the ongoing noise 24/7 I was getting from RS and her boyfriend.  I am in heaven and relaxed once again.  No problems now.  With the six months of hell behind me now, I am able to move forward and sleep better once again.  Burbank Plaza is no longer in an uproar.

At the same time with the new neighbor above me, I have been keeping to myself and not worrying about the other tenants socializing in the community room.  If I go from my place to the manager’s office, the grocery store, or just outside, I will say hello to a neighbor or two, but I do not go out of my way to socialize with other tenants in the community room anymore.  Too much gossip and rumor going on.  My dad’s wife nailed it right on the head when I was having a social/psych evaluation done on the 16th when she said that it is like high school in the building I live in.  Socializing with others here is like that and it is best to keep to yourself and live your life from others.  I like being by myself for the most part anyway.  I have workers coming and going here daily and by the time they leave I am ready to settle in a routine that does not include anyone else but Bing Crosby the Cat and myself.  I do not mind a visitor or two but the tenants visiting now-a-days is out of the question.  Too many ears and eyes around here as if the building is alive itself.

Ahh, the 16th was mentioned…yes…I had a series of appointments in Madison on June 16th.  It was a long four hours of appointments but I survived them all without fail even though I was tired from not getting enough sleep after 1 AM Friday morning and I needed to be up by 5:30 AM to get ready for my 45 minute trip to Madison’s UW-Hospital and Clinics.  The series of appointments were in regard to a second kidney transplant since the one kidney I have now is beginning to go toward kidney failure after 28 years.  I am not sure at this time if my transplanted kidney will reach 30 years before it is completely gone but there is that hope and God knows.  The appointments were shared with my parents from out of state who were visiting their daughter in Milwaukee this month before heading back home.  I have asked them to attend and support me and that is exactly what they did – attend and support me.  We even had lunch together in the hospital cafeteria before we left for our respectable places – I going back to Janesville and my parents going back to my sister’s in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  By the time I got home from my appointment and calling my parents, they had a half an hour left to go on their route.  It did not take me 45 minutes to get home.  My ride took an hour and fifteen minutes because we got stuck in very slow traffic on the way back to Janesville.  I was glad to be back home.  I will have more to say about my appointment another day.

I will catch up more another time.  It is going on 9:30 PM here in Wisconsin and I am getting very tired.  I went to church this morning and since there is camp meeting 2017 going on at Camp Wakonda until tomorrow, other church goers decided to open the church up the past two Sabbaths – last week and today – to go through the last two quarterly lessons at a leisurely pace with time restraints.  It has been a fine two Sabbaths with other members of the church who met together and enjoyed each other’s company.  Today we decided to have potluck afterwards and watch a couple of science and religion videos together.  My day today has been completely fantastic.  I will write more another day.

Author: ksmiley

As a diarist and blogger, please bear with me as I continue to upgrade my blog as time moves forward. Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.